Hello, everyone! Welcome to the website for THATCamp Victoria (June 10-11 at the University of Victoria). Registration is now closed. If you registered by April 1st, then expect an email from us soon. Meanwhile, below are some important details related to the event.
- All THATCamps are “unconferences” at the intersection of the humanities and technologies, with all sessions created “on the fly” and managed by the participants,
- THATCamps are informal, with no lengthy proposals, papers, or presentations,
- THATCamp Victoria is part of the Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI),
- This year’s THATCamp Victoria is Victoria’s first,
- You do not need to participate in the DHSI in order to participate in THATCamp Victoria (but we invite you to participate in both),
- Participation in THATCamp Victoria is free of charge,
- The event will not include a BootCamp (especially since it’s already a part of the amazing DHSI),
- It will last 1.5 days (starting at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, June 10th) and will begin with schedule and session planning,
- Information about all participants will be listed here in May 2011,
- Participants will be invited to use this blog to propose and organize THATCamp sessions prior to June 10th,
- We’ve provided handy info on how to get to and around Victoria,
- Registration closed on April 1st, and
- The name “THATCamp” and the THATCamp logo are trademarks of the Center for History and New Media at George Mason University.
Got questions? Email THATCamp Victoria’s organizer, Jentery Sayers, at ude.w1529913980u@yre1529913980tnej1529913980.
Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to seeing you in June in lovely Victoria!